Richard Thompson, President and Chief Counsel of the Thomas More Law Center stated,
“We are honored that Congressman West, a courageous American patriot, has agreed to serve on our Board. He has been steadfast and unafraid in his public opposition to the internal threat posed by radical Islam. He distinguished himself as a combat officer in the Iraq war, and he is now distinguishing himself as a representative of patriotic Americans throughout the nation. He symbolizes everything the Law Center strives to be, and as a member of the Citizens Advisory Board, he will help develop the Law Center’s national strategy to accomplish its mission.”
In accepting service on the Advisory Board, Congressman West stated,
COMPLETE THE ENTIRE STORY HERE: THOMAS MOORE LAW CENTER
Before retiring as an Army Lieutenant Colonel, West served as a Field Artillery Officer in several combat zones: in Operation Desert Storm, in Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was battalion commander for the Army’s 4th Infantry Division, and in Afghanistan, where he trained Afghan officers to take on the responsibility of securing their own country.
Allen West was elected to House of Representatives in November 2010. As a Member of the House Armed Services Committee, Congressman West advances the principle that peace is best kept through a strong national defense.
Some of the positions he has taken as a Congressman include:
- The radical Islamist movement is one of the most dangerous threats we have ever seen, and too many government officials are ignoring the grave risks confronting the country.
- We are a nation at war against a totalitarian theocratic political ideology that glorifies death rather than celebrating life. To defeat it, we must stay on the offensive. From Afghanistan and Iraq to the Greater Middle East and South America, radical Islam is on the march.
- Political correctness cannot be part of our national security system.
- Every time Congress takes for itself new powers, not enumerated in the Constitution, it chips away at freedom, individual liberty, and the right of the people to choose what is best for them, in their communities.
- The 2nd Amendment is an individual right.
For more information on Congressman Allen West and his positions on the important issues facing our nation, please visit his official website at: http://west.house.gov/