Allen West speaks with Cavuto on “Your World” March 18, 2013. Obama’s trip to Israel, Rove, CPAC and asked if he would run for POTUS if the people wanted him too.
Between launching the Allen West Guardian Fund and speaking at and attending the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) just outside Washington, DC, it’s been an eventful week. You’re probably surprised to hear from me again, but I promise I won’t ask you for money today. I simply want to recap what’s happened over the past 5 days.
- On Tuesday, we announced the Guardian Fund and our goal to raise $5 million over the next two years to elect 12 hard-charging, constitutional conservatives to Congress. Thanks to your unwavering support and that of thousands of patriots like you, we’re well on the way to meeting our goal.
- On Thursday, I gave one of the opening addresses at CPAC and outlined what we as conservatives must do to start winning elections again and reminded the audience why we must combat the Obama administration’s radical leftist agenda at every turn. I encourage you to check out the speech here, because the one-liners the media have reported don’t do it justice.
- I spent the remainder of CPAC meeting with activists and listening to the concerns, ambitions, and plans conservatives across America have for the next few years. I returned home to Florida last night with a renewed sense of hope and today, my faith in our conservative movement is greater than ever.
I’m very excited about what the next two years will bring for conservatives, and of course the Guardian Fund. We have our work cut out for us, but I’m confident that our values will prevail over the radical left and we’ll succeed in our mission.
Thank you for your continued support and friendship.
Steadfast and loyal,
Lt. Col. Allen B. West, USA (ret)
U.S. Congressman (2011-2013)
It’s CPAC week in Washington, and I was honored to stand up for freedom with the next generation by speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
CPAC has been introducing young people to conservative principles and reinforcing those beliefs in all generations for four decades. It is the movement’s biggest event of the year, and this year it’s a huge event for PJ Media and Next Generation TV. Michelle Fields and I will be producing exclusive coverage for Next Generation members, so tune in this weekend and invite your friends to subscribe.
Here’s an excerpt from my speech yesterday to whet your appetite for the interviews and special event coverage to come:
Two men on a corner, two worldviews
Sir Winston didn’t know it, but he was channeling every black American conservative. Folks, I’m speaking from experience when I tell you there’s nothing on this green earth a liberal progressive fears more than a black American who wants a better life and a smaller government.
The republic I fell in love with, the republic I risked my life to defend, the values I hold dear, the integrity that we all share – these do not know prejudice and they do not accept partiality.
John Marshall spoke of a Constitution that was colorblind, that neither knows nor tolerates classes amongst citizens. How can you not romanticize America? How can you not idealize this land of dreams?
Two men stand together on a corner, one with a thousand dollars worth of Burberry clothing on his back, the other with nothing but a little paper in his wallet and a hope for a better life. Conservatives look at both and see the magnificence of freedom and potential – one dream realized, another taking its baby steps.
Liberals cannot look at those two men without thinking that the rich man prospered only by dipping his hand into the pocket of the poor man. Like the pretenders in Isaiah 29, the American dream is something they “honor with their lips, but their hearts are far from it.”
I’m sick and tired of hearing that it is our moral duty to serve the state. Conservatives believe that it is our moral duty to serve our fellow man, regardless of race, sex, affiliation or creed. And when we serve, we believe that it is the state’s duty to get out of the way.
Some Americans are lost in the woods – no compass, no map, and the GPS satellites are all inoperable. When more Americans prefer freebies to freedom, these United States will become a fertile ground for tyranny. When did “ask not what your country can do for you” become “ask only what your country will give you?”
Look at California. It’s hard to describe that state as being in anything other than a depression. Californians asked what government could do for them, and they got their answer. Every year thousands of Californians flee that populist paradise for the tax-eased, small government oases of America’s red states.
California is falling victim to the same snake oil President Obama sold America during the election. We were told compassion comes not from the spirit but from the federal government.
We’re told compassion comes not from generosity but from compliance. We’re told kindness means raiding a man’s hard-earned wages and sending them off to Washington so they – not you – may dole them out in courtesies and indulgences.
I’m tired of these insufferable lectures of progressivism.
But how can those choices exist if we don’t even have the freedom to make them? Where’s the kindness when a faceless bureaucrat thumps a red stamp on a monthly food ration? Where is love exchanged, where is love felt, when a state administrator stuffs a welfare check into the outgoing mail?
I’m tired of liberals dividing this country up into little groups, setting them upon each other, breeding spite and envy, and then having the nerve to accuse conservatives of hatred.
It’s said that Washington, D.C., is 60 square miles surrounded by reality. Out in the real world, I see conservatives giving more to charity than liberals, even though their paychecks are smaller. In the real world I see conservatives volunteering at adoption agencies, at churches, at bake sales and the local American Legion post, while the only charity a progressive sends is a smug sermon on fair share and fairness.
I’m a conservative because I believe we’re here on this earth to do a little more than crawl through life, comfortable in the cradle of government excess and oblivious to the duties required to keep this republic standing.
When putting an inky quill to sheepskin 200 years ago, our founders declared independence so that we could unlock our potential, not lock us into mediocrity. If the point of this bold American experiment was a controlled existence under a patriarchal government, we could have done a fine job of it under the crown.
I’m a conservative because I believe in peace – real peace, not just the peace of mind. I’m a conservative because we understand that real peace comes from the Marine Corps, not the Peace Corps.
America is more than a government. It is more than a republic. It is an idea. We either keep believing it, or we stop living it.
Steadfast and Loyal,
Allen B. West
CONTINUE READING BY CLICKING HERE: NEXT GENERATION TV
My bags are packed and I am ready to go! This is a brand new adventure. I am excited and scared all at the same time. What an opportunity to be in a place with like minded people. I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support I received to take on this new venture. I am humbled and honored to be able to go to CPAC 2013 and live blog the events.
Remember to check back here during the day for live updates, photo’s and more.
Enormous thank you to those who wished to remain nameless but believing enough in me to go and represent our conservative values. You know who you are, there are plenty of you. Last but not least, John Swetland, Mark Bonner, Leslie Burt, Gloria Schmidt, Andrea Plescia, Craig, Robin, Patty, Lori, Dennis, Maggie, Gilleigh, Melinda & Gary (there are WAY too many to name here) thank you for believing in me. My father Paul Clark @pclark43 has always believed and encouraged me, but you my friends have gone above and beyond in your support. I could not do any of this without you. Thank You
Look out Allen West and CPAC, Tanya is ready!
In a message to supporters sent on Tuesday, West showed no sign of leaving the political stage.
“As a member of Congress, I was only one vote out of 435. But I was one of a few who once wore the uniform of the United States military and who understood how to wield and preserve American power,” West insisted. “We love our great nation too much to sit back and take our loss in 2012 as the final verdict on America. That’s why I intend to use the new found freedom I’ve been given to take my efforts to defeat the Obama liberal progressive agenda to the next level.”
West also gave a sneak preview of his CPAC address, promising to reveal more of his PAC’s agenda. “When I give the opening keynote address at CPAC on Thursday, I will outline the Guardian Fund’s plans to double our efforts to expose and combat the Obama administration and its progressive plans,” West noted.
Pledging to raise $5 million for his group, West promised to build a “grassroots army to help elect 12 new hard-charging constitutional conservatives who either have a military background or are minorities committed to taking a stand against big government and President Obama for the next four years.”
West also outlined some of the principles of his new group:
“As a soldier, I know what America needs to secure the future for the next generations,” West maintained. “First and foremost, Americans want to be safe. Safe at work, safe at home, safe from radical Islamic terrorism. Second, Americans want to be free. Free to start a business and to reach for the American dream. Free to do what they are promised to be free to do in the U.S. Constitution. Free to retire without debt, without remorse, and without bankrupting their children’s future.”
West ripped into President Barack Obama with a strong personal attack. “Americans want to be respected and told the truth by the leaders they elect. President Obama does not tell the truth nor is he trustworthy. He’s lied about Obamacare, he’s lied about raising taxes, he’s lied about spending, and he’s lied about putting America first.”
READ MORE BY CLICKING HERE: SUNSHINE STATE NEWS
As 2013 unfolds, we are off to a great start. Please check out the live events already posted to our calendar:
- CPAC 2013, Washington, D. C. NextGeneration.TV will be at CPAC 2013 covering key moments, speeches and interviews. Our own Allen West will be the kick-off speaker at CPAC, so be sure to catch his keynote speech on our website. Also at CPAC, Allen West and Michelle Fields will be interviewing the politicians, pundits and young people about what matters most to America’s Next Generation.
- Next Generation April Conference. We are in the planning stages for our Next Gen Spring Conferences to be held during April, May, June and July in cities across the U.S. These live events will feature experts who illuminate issues facing America’s next generation as well as suggest viable solutions to those issues. Here are examples of the topics that we will zero in on: Next Gen Self Defense, Next Gen Economic and Financial Issues, K-12 Educational Issues, and Next Gen Business Start Ups. We will tackle one issue per event. As a Basic Member, you can catch what happens as our experts and audience explore these topics over four cities and four months. Come back to this page in March for the specifics of our April event.
- Next Generation May Conference. We are in the planning stages for our Next Gen Spring Conferences to be held during April, May, June and July in cities across the U.S. These live events will feature experts who illuminate issues facing America’s next generation as well as suggest viable solutions to those issues. Here are examples of the topics that we will zero in on: Next Gen Self Defense, Next Gen Economic and Financial Issues, K-12 Educational Issues, and Next Gen Business Start Ups. We will tackle one issue per event. As a Basic Member, you can catch what happens as our experts and audience explore these topics over four cities and four months. Come back to this page in April for the specifics of our May event.
- Next Generation June Conference. We are in the planning stages for our Next Gen Spring Conferences to be held during April, May, June and July in cities across the U.S. These live events will feature experts who illuminate issues facing America’s next generation as well as suggest viable solutions to those issues. Here are examples of the topics that we will zero in on: Next Gen Self Defense, Next Gen Economic and Financial Issues, K-12 Educational Issues, and Next Gen Business Start Ups. We will tackle one issue per event. As a Basic Member, you can catch what happens as our experts and audience explore these topics over four cities and four months. Come back to this page in May for the specifics of our June event.
- Next Generation July Conference. We are in the planning stages for our Next Gen Spring Conferences to be held during April, May, June and July in cities across the U.S. These live events will feature experts who illuminate issues facing America’s next generation as well as suggest viable solutions to those issues. Here are examples of the topics that we will zero in on: Next Gen Self Defense, Next Gen Economic and Financial Issues, K-12 Educational Issues, and Next Gen Business Start Ups. We will tackle one issue per event. As a Basic Member, you can catch what happen as our experts and audience explore these topics over four cities and four months. Come back to this page in June for the specifics of our July event.
As a Basic Member of Next Generation, you can enjoy watching the live events they cover or produce throughout the year — right on their website. Click Here to become a Basic Member.
Published: January 24, 2013
Contact: Laura Rigas, (202) 347-9388, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American Conservative Union (ACU) today announced that former U.S. Representatives Artur Davis and Allen West will join former Puerto Rican Governor Luis Fortuño in addressing CPAC 2013—the 40thannual Conservative Political Action Conference.
“Today I am honored to announce that Artur Davis, Allen West and former Governor Luis Fortuño will all be featured CPAC speakers in March,” said ACU Chairman Al Cardenas. “They have all served our country with distinction and I look forward to welcoming them to the stage.”
Artur Davis is a former four-term Democratic Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Alabama and a current fellow at Harvard’s Institute of Politics. A columnist, contributor, and licensed attorney in Washington, D.C., Davis previously served as a federal prosecutor with a near 100 percent trial-conviction record and as Co-Chairman of Obama for America.
Before becoming the Governor of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Governor 2008, Luis Fortuño served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 2004-2008. He was the first Republican to be elected Governor of Puerto Rico since 1969, and the first Republican representative from Puerto Rico to be elected to Congress in its history.
Allen West, formerly a U.S. Representative representing Florida’s 18th Congressional District, served in the U.S. Army retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel after 22 years before being elected to office. His committee assignments included the House Armed Services and Small Business Committees during the 112th Congress.
The 40th annual Conservative Political Action Conference, to be held March 14-16, 2013, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, will provide three days of blockbuster speeches, policy discussions and networking opportunities – all celebrating the shared principles of smaller government, a strong national defense and traditional American values. The ACU has hosted CPAC in the Nation’s Capital since 1973, and it now stands as the largest annual gathering of conservatives in the country. For additional information, visit our website at conservative.org/cpac2013, on Facebook at facebook.com/CPACNews, or on Twitter at @cpacnews and #CPAC2013. Media registration (including bloggers) will open on February 1, 2013. The CPAC 2013 schedule and list of confirmed speakers will be announced in the coming weeks. Previously announced confirmed featured speakers include: U.S. Senators Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, former Senator Rick Santorum and Congressman Paul Ryan.
Founded in 1964, the American Conservative Union (ACU) is the oldest and largest grassroots conservative organization in the nation. For almost fifty years, ACU has served as an umbrella organization harnessing the collective strength of conservative organizations fighting for Americans who are concerned with liberty, personal responsibility, traditional values, and strong national defense. ACU defines conservatism, grows conservatism, and wins for conservatism.