Tag Archives: CD22
Rep. Allen West – More Truth to Power at this fine South Florida Event
Published on Sep 3, 2012 by ConservativeUtopia
More truth to power at this fine South Florida Tea Party event
Congressman Allen West Interview with CNBC’s Rick Santelli
Published on Jul 30, 2012 by AllenWestFL
The Palms West Republican Club Invites You to come MEET THE CANDIDATES
Come meet the Candidates who are looking to serve the Western Communities! May 16th
•Anna Trujillo, US Congressional Candidate
•Melanie Peterson, State Senate D-25 Candidate
•Geoff Sommers, State Senate D-25 Candidate
•Tami Donnally, State Representative D-86 Candidate
•James Ryan O’Hara, State Rep, D-81 Candidate
•Dina Keever, PBC State Attorney Candidate
•Fran Hancock, State Committeewoman Candidate
•Cindy Tindell, State Committeewoman Candidate
Lou Galterio will perform the National Anthem ~
•6pm Doors Open
•6:30 Buffet Dinner
$15 Members & $20 Guests
Binks requires a headcount, so please RSVP
PLEASE RSVP: 561-315-3805, email@example.com
Members! For our May meeting, we encourage each of you to bring 2 GUESTS with you! With 2 paying guests, YOU will receive FREE entrance to the meeting!
About Us: The Palms West Republican Club serves Western Palm Beach County communities to provide a forum to enable Republicans to become educated players at the political table on national, state and local issues. We do this by:
* Providing a forum for conservatives to meet and discuss current issues.
* Hosting Republican candidates to speak to the group members.
* Providing a vehicle for republicans become politically active in local, state and national issues.
* Providing educational resources for voter education.
•Janeen Capizola, President
•Archie Paul, Vice President
•Mike Barnett, Secretary
•Susan Woodard, Treasurer
•Marion Frank, Membership Outreach Chair
FIND THEM ON FACEBOOK HERE: Palms West Republican Club
Rep Allen West on The Street TV – Video
Published on Apr 24, 2012 by TheStreetTV
Allen West: I’m Democrats’ No. 1 Target
SUPPORT THE ELECTION OF ALLEN WEST TO FLORIDA’S CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 18 – AllenWestForCongress.Com
Video – Rep Allen West – FULL SPEECH from April 15 2012 Palm Beach County
Published on Apr 16, 2012 by tmiller351976
“US Rep. Allen West (CD 22) speaks at a tax day rally in Wellington, Florida on April 15, 2012 and calls out Obama. The silence from the other side is deafening! Why have an honest debate about actual issues when you have lies, distortion, rhetoric, empty slogans, personal attacks, sound bites, bumper sticker brilliance, voter fraud and lapdog media spinmeisters on your side libs and lefties! That’s what’s left when you have no positive record to run on, no new ideas (just warmed over 20th Century already tried and failed big government solutions that create more problems than they solve) and nothing positive to say, absolutely nothing! Rep. West asks in the video what the other side’s vision of the future is. I’ll tell you what it is, it’s already here on the other side of the ocean (and its not a pretty economic picture, its actually quite grotesque)…..”The United States of Greece/Italy/Portugal/Spain/Ireland” and “have a nice day”. SEE MORE VIDEOS BY CLICKING HERE: trmiller351976
- Rep Allen West “Obama Visit Shows ‘Divide and Rule’ has replaced ‘Hope and Change” (genomega1.wordpress.com)
Rep Allen West Finally Meets His Greatest Supporter
Published on Apr 15, 2012 by ConservativeUtopia
Recommended Reading Rep Allen West – April 16, 2012
Bill Clinton pivoted and worked with the GOP led House and Senate, Obama has tripled down…
Mr Krauthammer’s op-ed piece clearly articulates Obama’s disastrous bit of wealth redistribution policy entitled the Buffett Rule. It does not impact our debt or deficit and would require some 250 years just to alleviate one year of Obama trillion dollar plus deficits. Bill Clinton pivoted and worked with the GOP led House and Senate, Obama has tripled down. This is a choice between two ideologies which yield two very different futures for America. I challenge my liberal admirers to show me where in the world has a socialist egalitarian State been successful?
Washington Post Op-Ed – “Free-lunch egalitarianism” By Charles Krauthammer
Here we go again.
At the beginning of his presidency, Barack Obama argued that the country’s spiraling debt was largely the result of exploding health-care costs. That was true. He then said the cure for these exploding costs would be his health-care reform. That was not true.
It was obvious at the time that it could never be true. If government gives health insurance to 33 million uninsured, that costs. Costs a lot. There is no free lunch.
Now we know. The Congressional Budget Office’s latest estimate is that Obamacare will add $1.76 trillion in federal expenditures through 2022. And, as one of the Medicare trustees has just made clear, if you don’t double count the $575 billion set aside for the Medicare trust fund, Obamacare adds to the already crushing national debt.
Three years later, we are back to smoke and mirrors. This time it’s not health care but the Buffett Rule, which would impose a minimum 30 percent effective tax rate on millionaires. Here is how Obama introduced it last September:
“Warren Buffett’s secretary shouldn’t pay a [higher] tax rate than Warren Buffett. . . .And that basic principle of fairness, if applied to our tax code, could raise enough money” to “stabilize our debt and deficits for the next decade. . . . This is not politics; this is math.”
Okay. Let’s do the math. The Joint Committee on Taxation estimates this new tax would yield between $4 billion and $5 billion a year. If we collect the Buffett tax for the next 250 years — a span longer than the life of this republic — it would not cover the Obama deficit for 2011 alone.
As an approach to our mountain of debt, the Buffett Rule is a farce. And yet Obama repeated the ridiculous claim again this week. “It will help us close our deficit.” Does he really think we’re that stupid?
COMPLETE THE WHOLE STORY BY CLICKING HERE: The Washington Post
DONATE & VOLUNTEER FOR CONGRESSMAN ALLEN WEST AS HE SEEKS ELECTION IN FLORIDA’S DISTRICT 18
CLICK HERE: allenwestforcongress.com
- Ira Stoll on the Deception of the Buffett Rule (reason.com)
- Did you email your US senator and US Rep. about the “Buffett Rule” as the President Asked? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Allen West: American ‘republic will collapse’ under Obama (thegrio.com)
- Rep Allen West “The Presidents actions and words more so resemble the flailing of a drowning person” (usamericanfreedom.com)
Rep Allen West “The Presidents actions and words more so resemble the flailing of a drowning person”
President Obama’s recent rhetorical rants over the past two days are not indicative of a confident incumbent President…
by Congressman Allen West on Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Via Facebook Status: “President Obama’s recent rhetorical rants over the past two days are not indicative of a confident incumbent President. His actions and words more so resemble the flailing of a drowning person caught in a rip current at night with no one around for a rescue. The fella doth protest too much in desperation. Another Good Read”
Wall Street Journal Editorial – “Paul Ryan’s Hunger Games” The President offers his vision for an uplifting second term.
If there’s a Laffer Curve for Presidential invective—some point at which dishonest political abuse yields diminishing returns—the White House political team must not think their boss has hit it. Even in this hyperpartisan age, President Obama’s speech to the Associated Press yesterday was a parody of the form. This was a diatribe that managed to invoke “Social Darwinism” and “a Trojan Horse” in the same paragraph, amid the other high crimes that Mr. Obama says Paul Ryan wants to commit.
The President’s depiction of the wonkish and formerly obscure House Budget Chairman as some political monster is itself telling. Mr. Obama is conceding that he can’t run on the economic recovery, the stimulus, health care, green energy or any of the other grand liberal ambitions that have dominated his time in office. All of those are unpopular or failures. He was elected on hope and change, but now his only hope is to change the subject to the ogres he claims are the disloyal opposition.
Did you hear about the GOP’s red-in-tooth-and-claw plan for Medicare? Grandma and Gramps are going to be drafted for the Hunger Games.
Mr. Obama has been working Mediscare for the last year, but he is also debuting some new material, each layer thicker than the last. Modern Republicans are so radical that they oppose research and care for Alzheimer’s, cancer, AIDS, autism and Down Syndrome, even as they want to deny education and food to children and their mothers. They want to pave over Yellowstone and backfill the Grand Canyon. But few tourists could get there anyway, because Republicans plan to shut down air traffic control too.
Because Republicans have criticized the Administration’s torrent of costly new rules across the entire economy, therefore they favor returning to a state of regulatory nature, with no rules at all. Because Republicans oppose high-speed rail, therefore they would have opposed industrialization in the 19th century. They do plan to build a wayback machine to the Gilded Age, however, by handing a $150,000 check to every American millionaire, a million-dollar check to every billionaire, and a billion-dollar check to every trillionaire.
“This is not conjecture,” Mr. Obama said. “I am not exaggerating. These are facts.” Lest you think we exaggerate, read the transcript.
COMPLETE THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE: The Wall Street Journal
SUPPORT THE ELECTION OF ALLEN WEST TO FLORIDA’S DISTRICT 18 – Volunteer & Donate here: allenwestforcongress.com
- Rep Allen West “I will not stop reminding Americans who this President is” (allenwestrepublic.wordpress.com)
- Video BIZPACReview and MicheleKirkBPR share Rep Allen West “No more who’s next for president” (allenwestrepublic.wordpress.com)
- Rep Allen West on the Ryan Budget “The US military cannot be the bill payer for the fiscal irresponsibility” (allenwestrepublic.wordpress.com)
Rep Allen West – E-Newsletter, Legislative Lowdown and Weekly Wrap Up
Greetings to our constituents, fellow Floridians, and all Americans, I have spent the last day recovering from my Saturday half-marathon- the last one of the season. I truly enjoy being out with fellow South Floridians who know their health is a personal matter and also run to support causes for those not as fortunate as this is the essence of being an American!
I suppose that is why I reject the assertion of government dictating edicts of “shared sacrifice” and “fair share” as they are not in a position to be the arbiters of fairness. Americans believe in equality of opportunity and shun the premise of a bureaucratic nanny-state promoting a policy of equality of achievement.
That is why I was absolutely appalled at the horrific Fiscal Year 2013 budget proposal from President Barack Obama released last week. His budget vision does nothing to promote and enhance the American dream of opportunity. What his budget does is endanger the promise that all of us want for our children and grandchildren — fiscal security.
The President’s budget brings about $47 trillion of new Federal Government spending over the next 10 years. It will increase our federal debt to $25.9 trillion by the end of Fiscal Year 2022. It means that we shall have added $10.6 trillion in new debt, resulting in debt payments alone of $5.7 trillion in Fiscal Year 2013-2022.
In the immediate term, President Obama is asking for $3.8 trillion in government spending for Fiscal Year 2013, $1.9 trillion in higher taxes, and $1.1 trillion in debt held by the American citizen. This totals $48,000 for each and every one of us in America. By year’s end, America will be in debt to the tune of $16.3 trillion, equating to a debt to GDP ratio of 106.2%.
Now, I know there are people who are reading this update who will always defend the President’s policies, but I challenge any of you to defend this clear and present danger to the future of the American Republic. This is not an “economy that is built to last” this is an “economic vision that is built to destroy” any chance for our children to have the highest quality American standard of living.
The politics of demagoguery dividing America will only hasten our eventual demise. The Keynesian economic philosophy of tax and spend of which President Obama and other liberal progressives subscribe will not lift us to new economic heights. We are crushing hardworking American taxpayers and retarding the incentive for Americans to strive for a better life.
The indomitable entrepreneurial spirit of the American innovator and worker must be unleashed with tax, regulatory, monetary, and fiscal policies that enable investment and ingenuity. It is intellectually dishonest to compare personal income tax rates to capital gains tax rates to justify raising capital gains from 15 percent to 30 percent. The resulting effect on investment in America will be catastrophic. Government has no responsibility to select the winners and the losers by manipulating tax policy, and certainly should not be funneling taxpayer funds to political cronies for its own ideological agenda.
President Obama stated by the end of his first term, he would cut the deficit in half. We are instead on our fourth straight year of trillion dollar plus deficits: $1.42 trillion, $1.29 trillion, $1.3 trillion, and an estimated $1.3 trillion for this year. Please, don’t tell me about what was “inherited.” Continual excuses are indicative of a person who takes no responsibility for his actions.
Payroll tax cut? Please America, see this for the politicized gimmick it really is and do not allow yourself to be bribed over a short term $40. We are destroying Social Security as well as American homeowners who will be seeing a $9,000-$10,000 increase in loan guarantee fees to fund this one-year extension.
Lastly, as we hear testimony from our military on the Fiscal Year 2013 National Defense Authorization (NDA), all I can think about is the volatility across the world. Here we are in economic straits and we send $1.2 billion in aid to a Muslim Brotherhood-controlled Egypt now holding 19 Americans hostage. Their sheer gall of declaring a threat to our ally, Israel, if we cut off aid, makes my blood boil.
Reports are that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces are now operating in Syria. Consider if we had maintained a credible American military force in Iraq as an external cordon along the borders with Syria and Iran, as well as in Kurdistan. Would this situation be so dire?
Elections have consequences.
Steadfast and Loyal,
– Domestic Energy Production — Last Thursday, the House approved H.R. 3408, Protecting Investment in Oil Shale the Next Generation of Environmental, Energy, and Resource Security (PIONEERS) Act, by a vote of 237-187, I VOTED NAY. I voted “no” because this legislation would have potentially violated the military training zone in the eastern Gulf of Mexico off Florida’s coast, as well as brought oil drilling within 9-12 miles of Florida’s coastline. I shall always promote a full spectrum development of America’s energy resources but not at risk of our pristine coastline.
– Payroll Tax Cut Extension — On Friday, the House approved a Conference Report to H.R. 3630, the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 by a vote of 293-192, I VOTED NAY. 41 Democrats also voted no against this legislation. You can view my explanation as to why I did not support this conference report from our press release here. I will not support adding more debt nor burden American homeowners. Lastly, we must realize that this is not a tax cut, it hastens the demise of the Social Security system. I supported H. R. 3630 in December, an exceptional piece of legislation, not this Band-Aid, politicized gimmick.
Highlights of the Week:
– Monday, 13 February, met with the British Consul General assigned for Florida and the southern Hemisphere. We discussed British fiscal policies and challenges in this area in comparison with American fiscal and national security issues. We had both served in Afghanistan so we had some very good stories to share. Met with South Florida Marine Industry Leaders to discuss the impacts of failing economic and tax policies on their industry. It was a follow- up to the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show where we discussed same issues.
– Tuesday, 14 February, hope everyone had a very Happy Valentine’s Day. Met with a staff group of students from the Army’s Fort Leavenworth Staff Officers College and discussed national security strategy and fiscal security issues. Met with Colonel Pantano and the lead staff of the Jacksonville District of the United States Army Corps of Engineers. We discussed the progress made with our pressing Corps civil works infrastructure projects. Met with representatives from AIPAC on current situation in Middle East with growing belligerence of Iran and volatility in Egypt and Syria as it relates to the security of Israel.
– Wednesday, 15 February, participated in the House Armed Services Committee (HASC) hearing with Secretary of Defense Panetta and CJCS Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Dempsey on the Fiscal Year 2013 NDA budget request. Met with representatives from the Marine Corps League’s National Legislative Committee on their annual issues. Met with the leadership of Indian River State College discussing their legislative concerns. Met with students from Cardinal Gibbons High School who were part of the Close Up Foundation Washington program. Delivered a special order speech on House floor addressing the history of the Republican Party and the black community as part of Black History Month, you can view the speech here.
– Thursday, 16 February, attended a HASC classified briefing on Afghanistan/Pakistan operations and intelligence update. Met with the leadership of Palm Beach State College discussing their legislative concerns. Participated in the HASC hearing on Fiscal Year 2013 NDA budget request for the Department of the Navy, including the United States Marine Corps. Met with representatives of the Agriculture industry to discuss the interests of America’s small businesses in the next Farm Bill. Met with the leadership of Broward College to discuss their legislative concerns. Met with Vice Admiral Ryan of the Military Officers Association of America to discuss their legislative concerns- I will be their keynote speaker for their upcoming Annual conference hosted in West Palm Beach. Conducted an hour- long tele-townhall meeting with our constituents, had nearly 6,000 answer our call.
– Friday, 17 February, participated in HASC hearing on Fiscal Year 2013 NDA budget request for the Department of the Army. Met with the JROTC Junior ROTC Cadets from Olympic Heights High School in Charlotte, NC for the second year– the head of their program is my long- time friend from our service in the Army, Lieutenant Colonel (R) Clayton Neal.
– Saturday, 18 February, attended the reception event for the National Republican Congressional Committee Winter meeting in Naples, FL.
– Sunday, 19 February, ran in the Fort Lauderdale A1A half-marathon. Participated in a Congressional Anti-Terrorism Caucus forum event at the Boca Raton Synagogue.
– Monday, 20 February, recovered from the half-marathon. Hope you all had a Happy President’s Day.
– Constituent Work Week, we will have our regular two town hall meetings, one in Deerfield Beach and another in West Palm Beach. See the full details here.
SIGN UP FOR ALL E-NEWSLETTERS & UPDATES FOR CONGRESSMAN ALLEN WEST: west.house.gov